Multiple subtitles

Nov 15, 2010 at 9:57 PM

Hi to all!

I tried to encode a DVD of mine ripped and unprotected with DVDFab; I added a subtitle, only one, but, when encoding is ended, there are 7 subtitles of the same type!!!

???

By the way, in the preview, there's only one subtitle.

What could be the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Coordinator
Nov 15, 2010 at 10:47 PM

I'll look into this. You added a subtitle from the source, not an external SRT subtitle, right?

Coordinator
Nov 15, 2010 at 10:55 PM

Okay I think I know what's going on... I'll try to get a fix for this sometime this week. In the meantime, you can work around this by only running one job at a time.

Nov 15, 2010 at 11:34 PM

Yep, the subtitle was taken from the DVD

What do you mean by "running one job at a time"???

By the way, there's something else which annoys me: I tried to encode the same DVD with HandBrake, but it just doesn't even start the encoding, it just stops at once! I tried to post on their forum, but, sorry, but it sucks

Ah, another thing: why, choosing for audio track "6 channel discrete", I can't select 384 kbps like in HandBrake, but only 320 kbps?

Many thanks for your help! I've started to enjoy VidCoder, the interface is easier! ;)

Coordinator
Nov 15, 2010 at 11:58 PM

That's referring to the queue. I think the problem comes from when you encode multiple items off of the same scan. If you restart VidCoder in between encodes, it might work correctly. I'll try to get it fixed for real this week.

You don't need to run it on HandBrake; I'm pretty sure the problem is on my side here.

As for the audio bitrate, I might not have the most up to date bitrate choices. I'll give that a look too.

Coordinator
Nov 17, 2010 at 6:08 AM

Should be fixed in 0.7.2.

Nov 20, 2010 at 2:50 PM

Hi! Glad you fixed it! When I'll have a bit of time, I will try it! What about the 384kbps for audio? Is it possible to fix it too? ;)

Coordinator
Nov 20, 2010 at 4:33 PM

It's on the backlog. Probably in the next version.