Encode Multiple Titles into 1 output file

Jan 8, 2011 at 8:11 AM

Some DVD's have the main film split across multiple titles (eg Queen Greatest Video Hits DVD has songs 1-4 on Title 1, Songs 5-8 on Title 2 etc).

I would like to be able to select these multiple titles to be encoded into one output file  (mainly mp4 for ipod/iphone).

I know there are video joiner programs out there, but why not join them as part of the encode process ?

Vidcoder should let you select the titles you want to encode and join, let you sort the order in which they are joined and then when you hit encode, it goes off and does them all and produces one output file.

If title 1 has chapters 1-4 and title 2 has its own chapters 1-4, then the in the output file you would have chapters 1 - 8   (1-4 from Title 1 and 5-8 from Title 2).

I see the latest version of Handbrake Windows GUI has done away with the Command Line window.

If Vidcoder incorporated video joining then it would really leap ahead of the Handbrake Windows GUI.

Coordinator
Jan 8, 2011 at 4:05 PM

VidCoder relies on the HandBrake core library, which does not support video joining.