Hi - Need some advice about trimming and had a few other problems.

Feb 2, 2011 at 7:33 AM

Hi

Just started to encode my own Blu-ray movies and can't seem to figure out how the trimmer works. I want to cut out the end credits.

The other problem is that my Soniq Blu-ray player won't play my VidCoder encodes. Tried to adjust setting but to know avail. They all work on my PC using BS.Player. My DVD player is compatible with Blu-ray, DivX and DivX Plus.

When I use other programs like XMedia Recode, AVS Video Converter, Tipard Video Converter - they seem to work fine.

The problem is that I really like VidCoder as the quality of the encodes is fantastic at a much smaller size.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Coordinator
Feb 2, 2011 at 2:48 PM

Don't know what might be causing the blu-ray playback issues. There may be some H.264 feature that they don't support or something.

As for trimming, what trouble are you having? Did you try using the Chapters/Seconds range?

Feb 2, 2011 at 9:28 PM

Hi Random

Thanks for you quick reply. Yes, it must be one of the features/settings that's causing the problem. Just have to experiment I suppose.

Yes, I've tried to use the seconds but how do you determine where to trim without a preview screen, Start cut - end cut?

Coordinator
Feb 2, 2011 at 11:19 PM

You have to do a bit of legwork for the trimming. Watch the video in another player and note the start and end time you want to trim at, then enter those values. Or it might already be broken up by chapter and you can just choose a chapter range that looks right.

Sep 2, 2011 at 4:09 PM

Thats right, but you can not check, if the chaper start and endpoint is well set from factory, sometimes it has a dely of 1 or two seconds to the chapter. No chance to proof before encoding.

I would like to have a tool like Nero Recode, very simple but effency.

I already asked for that at the other forum.

Coordinator
Sep 2, 2011 at 4:12 PM

I'd love to have something like that but VidCoder uses the HandBrake API and there is nothing there to support what you're asking for. The way HandBrake works is it generates all the preview images during the scan and lets you access them later. There's no way to go in and get a preview for a specific frame.

Sep 3, 2011 at 8:45 AM

I am not sure, but I saw already a preview for the file, that is used for trimming the frame, so I thought it might not be difficult to use the same window, just deisplay the position i ask for, anyway, if this not works, could you recomend a software that do trimming? I found a lot of software, but non of them suports ubtitle, that means, all software I used till now, cuts the subtitle track. The only software that do all the stuff is Yamb, bit it also not displays the movy for trimming. The software I realy like is ImToo Cutter, but it is not free, and does not support subtitle stream.

Coordinator
Sep 3, 2011 at 3:18 PM

I don't know of any software that does that.

Sep 3, 2011 at 8:36 PM

Hm, thats bad, so if anybody knows that, I would be happy about to know, even when its pay software.