Volume Normalization

Apr 22, 2011 at 7:31 PM

Handbrake is getting an  advanced option for volume normalization  in there next build can you implement that in your next build to

Coordinator
Apr 22, 2011 at 9:29 PM

Yeah! I've got it implemented already. I have a few more fixes I want to get in before release but I'm expecting to get it out in a week or so.

Apr 23, 2011 at 7:03 AM

nice keep up the good work I cant wait to play around with it

Coordinator
Apr 24, 2011 at 8:47 PM

Just added it to 0.8.3. Should come in on auto-update.

Apr 25, 2011 at 12:39 AM

its looking great Keep up the good work very easy to use and understand :)

Sep 2, 2011 at 4:04 PM

I use VidCoder 1.01, but could not fined out how to get the normailzation function, has anybody an advice for that?

Coordinator
Sep 2, 2011 at 4:06 PM

It's under Gain (dB) in the Audio tab. There isn't anything to automatically make everything a certain volume, but you can make things louder or softer by tweaking this.

Sep 3, 2011 at 8:29 AM

Oh thanks a lot, that I found already, I thought maybe there is a function that finds peak and  normalizes it to 0 dB, that would be great

Coordinator
Sep 3, 2011 at 3:08 PM

I don't believe there is. There is DRC, which can make soft parts louder and loud parts softer, but I don't know of actual normalization.

Sep 3, 2011 at 8:40 PM

It would be nice to ad it to the software, because it might be difficult to mux and demus it and normalize it with other tools. In mp3 those tools are commen, but at aac hard to find, and it is coded as dolby pro logic II already