The new updates

May 21, 2011 at 1:28 AM

Any new version coming up?
I see all tools updated their tools with the latest x264 /and many more codecs and stuff..

any new VC update coming up?

Coordinator
May 21, 2011 at 1:58 AM

Well codecs are going to be tied to HandBrake, which I don't have any control over. But I'm putting out VidCoder 0.9.0 this weekend which updates the HandBrake core and adds some pretty nice features and interface improvements.

May 21, 2011 at 9:54 AM

That's cool./

and the DXVA profiles?

Coordinator
May 21, 2011 at 2:32 PM

I don't have plans to work on them myself. I don't even know how I would test compatibility; I don't have any device that requires it. As I've said: you could make a DXVA profile yourself right now. Look at one of those presets you pointed me to and translate it to the HandBrake options format. Just check this page for the values ( http://mewiki.project357.com/wiki/X264_Settings ) and put them in the right format ( rc-lookahead=50:b-adapt=2:cabac=0 , etc ) and set it as the advanced options string..

Coordinator
May 23, 2011 at 4:59 AM

Unexpected issue that takes a long time to test has cropped up. Not going to happen this weekend. Should be in the next week though.

Coordinator
May 26, 2011 at 6:04 AM

Nuts... It's a problem with the latest HandBrake x86 build... I'm going to look into it a bit more but I may just have to keep HandBrake at the current version for now and just release the UI updates.

Coordinator
May 27, 2011 at 3:55 AM

Okay well I have not figured out exactly what the issue is. Appears to be x86 related and it's not new to 0.9.0 so I've gone ahead and released.