VidCoder Issues with Output

Aug 27, 2011 at 2:57 AM

Just started using VidCoder today, and so far not having much luck.

Initially, it just failed to work, after some research I deleted the config file/folder and the program works.

Next issue however, I am trying to MKV my DVD collection to my media server. I tried a disc initially at Constant Quality (20), which was a bit large so tried again with a file size target of 1.5GB with 2-Pass enabled.

In both cases, the video was pixelated, with large blocks of colour and garbled images both in the preview and final file. So I tried another movie, and right away the preview is a garbled mess.

I was able to make a very high quality 1.5GB MKV with DVDFab this morning... however, no options for multiple audio channels, which is why someone recommended this. Rip was also much much faster than DVDFab.

But... none of that matters if I can't get a viewable video.

Any ideas why things are such a mess? Reinstalled twice, rebooted, running a good (but older) system, Win7 64bit, 2GB ram, P4 3.4Ghz dualcore, 1GB GDDR5 ATI HD 5670.

Thanks for any help.

Coordinator
Aug 29, 2011 at 3:30 PM

Are you using any application to remove the CSS protection from the DVDs?

http://vidcoder.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Ripping%20DVDs%20or%20Blu-rays

VidCoder doesn't remove it natively because DRM circumvention software is illegal to distribute in the United States.

Aug 29, 2011 at 3:34 PM

Ah, forgot to update this... someone on videohelp.com pointed that out...

I used AnyDVD and fixed the issue right away. Trying to convert my DVD collection to MKV for my media server, vs making ISO files which take up 3x as much space.

Thanks for the reply.