Output Name with {tracktime}

Oct 12, 2011 at 11:59 PM

Have we discussed adding a file naming convention {output} for using the title track time?  This is useful when adding short Special Features or Outtakes etc for TV shows...

IE: (as I would use)

{parent:2}\{parent}\{parent}.{title} - {tracktime} , [{pare nt:2}]  which would result in R:\MP4's\Pending\Dick Van Dyke\S3D5 03\S3D5 03.9 - 00.22.30 , [Dick Van Dyke].mp4

Tried using {track}, but sometimes some TV episodes use 1-2 as a 30 min episode.

Also:   Would be nice if the "Enqueue Multiple Titles" used 01,02..09,10,11 as numerical output instead of 1, 2...9,10,11.  Some devices sort 1, 10, 11, 12, 2, 3 etc... Just a thought...

(and a button for CTRL-T would be nice LOL...for us old mouse fanatic farts...)

As always...enjoying the project and watching the boards.  Keep up the good work!

Cheers!

Coordinator
Oct 13, 2011 at 12:53 AM

You can use {title:2} to add that leading zero.

As for {tracktime} I might call it {titleduration} or something, but that seems like it would be easy enough to add. I'll add it to the backlog.

And you can enqueue multiple titles with a mouse... it was just broken for a little bit. File -> Enqueue Multiple Titles.

Oct 13, 2011 at 1:05 PM

Thanks for the tip on the title:2, I will try it.

tracktime would be great.

A button would be nice (I know about the file> command!)  LOL

Coordinator
Oct 13, 2011 at 2:44 PM

Sorry, I don't think I'm going to add a dedicated button to the main interface for that. I don't want to clutter up the interface.

Oct 13, 2011 at 8:13 PM

LOL...that's funny: there's already a button for everything else on the "File" menu.  No worries.   {title:2} works great.

Still getting crashes occasionally when clicking Tools>Options and then tweaking something while a queue is being encoded. 

Coordinator
Oct 13, 2011 at 8:20 PM

Not for enqueuing multiple files. Anyway the buttons came first. I added the file menu so I'd have a place to put options without cluttering the main UI. I added Open File and Open Folder to the menu so people looking for it in there would be able to find it. (if they didn't know to click on the main source dropdown)

About the crash: did a dialog come up with any details or did it just die? Does the crash happen when you save, or when you change a particular setting?