How to keep 5.1 , 6.1 any audio from MKV ???

Oct 21, 2011 at 12:26 PM

Hi everyone reading this post!

I am trying to convert all my MKVs to HD MP4 AVC.

All my MKVs are with 5.1 or 6.1 channels audio most if it in DTS but there are some AC3 and AAC as well.

I have converted several MKVs but the output HD MP4 file is always with 2 channel audio only.

Could someone let me know what to do in order to have "the same 5.1 or 6.1 channel audio" in the output MP4 file?

I do have a got quality Home Cinema and would like to enjoy multi channel audio but in HD MP4 AVC (for better hardware compability) file.

Thanks in advance to everyone's respond here!

Coordinator
Oct 21, 2011 at 2:38 PM

Change the Mixdown to None or 6 Channel Discrete.

Oct 21, 2011 at 3:16 PM

Thanks RandomEngy!

If I select AUTO will it be the same in output as the input file?

I am trying at the moment 6 channel discrete but it will convert AC3 5.1 dolby pro logic II into AAC  6 channel discrete.

I am not familiar with the deferences I just want to keep highest audio quality as possible.

If you know more could you please advise on audio quality I could choose in VidCoder by maintain PS3 compability?

Thanks again! 

Coordinator
Oct 21, 2011 at 3:24 PM

If you want it to be the same as the input file, select None. Auto might decide to do a mixdown (reduce the number of channels) for compatibility.

However what you might be looking for is Passthrough. Instead of AAC for the encoder, select Passthrough, and you'll get the highest quality audio possible; it will just keep the original audio unchanged. Though I don't know if the PS3 supports AC3. You may have to experiment around with AAC.

Oct 21, 2011 at 4:10 PM

Thanks RandomEngy!