vidcoder crashes on startup after update to 1.2.2

Nov 19, 2011 at 11:52 AM
Edited Nov 19, 2011 at 11:59 AM

I started up vidcover, which then told me that there is an update
I let it install the update, and now VidCoder crashes when I try to start it

Throwing this error:

System.BadImageFormatException: Die Datei oder Assembly "System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.66.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139" oder eine Abhängigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden. Es wurde versucht, eine Datei mit einem falschen Format zu laden.
Dateiname: "System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.66.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139"
   bei VidCoder.Services.Updater.HandlePendingUpdate()
   bei VidCoder.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e) in D:\docs\projects\VidCoder\VidCoder\App.xaml.cs:Zeile 74.
   bei System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1(Object unused)
   bei System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   bei MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

WRN: Protokollierung der Assemblybindung ist AUS.
Sie können die Protokollierung der Assemblybindungsfehler aktivieren, indem Sie den Registrierungswert [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) auf 1 festlegen.
Hinweis: Die Protokollierung der Assemblybindungsfehler führt zu einer gewissen Leistungseinbuße.
Sie können dieses Feature deaktivieren, indem Sie den Registrierungswert [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] entfernen.

Already tried to download and install 1.2.2 - > same issue.

Tried an downgrade to 1.2.1 -> same error

Renamed install folder to VidCoder_Backup -> installed 1.2.2 again -> now it works

Coordinator
Nov 19, 2011 at 3:51 PM

Try uninstalling the old version then installing the new one. There might be some mismatched files in there that aren't getting updated. If that doesn't work try deleting the %appdata%\VidCoder folder as well before installing the latest version. (make sure you back up any presets)

Nov 19, 2011 at 4:08 PM
Edited Nov 19, 2011 at 4:08 PM

Thanks for your reply, but I already explained in the first post how to get the install working again. ;)

Coordinator
Nov 19, 2011 at 4:21 PM
Edited Nov 19, 2011 at 4:31 PM

Ahh sorry, missed that last part. I think what happened is you had an x86 install and somehow the x64 install tried to get applied or vice/versa. What's weird is that the auto-updater would install the wrong version.

How many times had you manually installed VidCoder before you got the error? I'm trying to figure out how they could have gotten mixed and the only way I can figure is that if x86 got installed, downloaded and update, then x64 got installed and the update was applied to it instead.

(edit) Nevermind, I don't know what could have created that error. x64 and x86 work fine side by side and the update download path for each doesn't conflict. Unless you've manually installed System.Data.SQLite I don't know what happened there.

Nov 19, 2011 at 6:12 PM
Edited Nov 19, 2011 at 6:15 PM

I installed VideoCoder 64bit about 3 months go or so (and I am a very happy user - switched from handbrake to it :) )

What I noticed was that during the last 2 weeks, every time I started up VidCoder (4 times or so), it told me that it had downloaded a new version and asked if i want to install it.
Those autoupdates seemed a bit too frequent - don't know if the autoupdater worked correcty.

But as I said eralier, today it started up normal, and after the update I encountered the error.
I packed the broken install dir and uploaded it here, maybe it will tell you something. There must definitely be some file miss-match.

Starting vidcoder.exe from that dir triggers the error as seen in the first post. http://www.filesonic.at/file/3950152425

I noticed that in the broken dir (rar file i uploaded) I have an Microsoft.Practices.Unity.Configuration.dll file - in the 1.2.2 64bit working install I don't have that file.

Coordinator
Nov 19, 2011 at 6:21 PM

The auto-updater was broken on version 1.2.0, that could be the cause of the problems. This files download you linked is your broken VidCoder_Backup folder, correct? I'll investigate this weekend.

Nov 19, 2011 at 6:27 PM

Yes, the content of that uploaded rar file is the broken version.
If I launch vidcoder.exe from that dir i get the same error as posted in the first post.

Hope this can help.
But no rush, I got VidCoder working again here - keep up the good work! :)

Coordinator
Nov 20, 2011 at 4:31 PM

Thanks, though I've tried like 6 times now and that file host fails every time. I would use DropBox for sharing files like this.

Nov 21, 2011 at 6:41 AM
RandomEngy wrote:

Thanks, though I've tried like 6 times now and that file host fails every time. I would use DropBox for sharing files like this.

Odd - filesonic works perfeclty for me- I use it a lot.

Anyway, uploaded the file to my dropbox. :)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8340048/VidCoder_broken.rar

Coordinator
Nov 21, 2011 at 7:17 AM

That worked.... and yeah that looks like an x86 main executable but an x64 hb.dll and System.Data.SQLite.dll. Don't know how it could have gotten mixed that way.

Nov 25, 2011 at 12:00 AM

last version produces some artifacts and glithces from blu ray MKV source. works ok from dvd source or mkv with mpeg2 and ac3 audio.

Nov 25, 2011 at 6:10 AM
darkio wrote:

last version produces some artifacts and glithces from blu ray MKV source. works ok from dvd source or mkv with mpeg2 and ac3 audio.

Which has nothing to do with the issue I posted. Please start your own thread. Thanks. ;)