Pass thru for Doby TrueHD

Apr 29, 2012 at 4:05 PM

I used to use Handbrake to backup my BluRays to MKV, but I switched to VidCoder when I discovered it can pass thru the DTS-HD MA audio type. I love to be able to preserve the HD audio from these discs but VidCoder can't pass thru the Dolby TrueHD sources. I'm guessing it wouldn't be too difficult to add that ability since any of the pass thru options aren't doing any processing and the code changes would be minimal. Please consider this as an option for the next release.

Thanks!

Coordinator
Apr 29, 2012 at 4:18 PM

I'm reliant on the HandBrake core for the ability to pass through audio. So if HandBrake can't do Dolby TrueHD, then VidCoder can't. Also I thought the official HandBrake GUI could handle DTS-HD?

Apr 29, 2012 at 6:04 PM

To be honest, I haven't used Handbrake much in the last six months or so. I didn't think it could pass DTS-HDMA, but maybe I'm wrong. Either way, I've gotten used to VidCoders features at this point and I definitley prefer them. Could you point me in the right direction to suggest the TrueHD pass-thru feature for the next version of Handbrake?

Coordinator
Apr 29, 2012 at 7:27 PM

https://forum.handbrake.fr/viewforum.php?f=26&sid=3277a5a9c2bc05c2b7eed601296f3fa3