VidCoder - .mp4 file incomplete - chapters missing

Jun 26, 2012 at 6:00 AM

I'm new here, so forgive me if I've posted this in the wrong area. I've looked around the net and can't find a solution to the issue I'm having.

Firstly, thanks to RandomEngy for all the work on VidCoder. It's a great tool. I have problem though and am not sure if it is with VidCoder, or the source file, or me...!

I can convert an .mkv with 16 chapters to .mp4 with H264 video stream and one audio stream with no problem, but if I try to create two audio streams from the original DTS audio track into AC3 (ffmpeg) 6 channel discrete, and an AAC (faac) stereo track, I'm finding that the resulting .mp4 has the correct two audio streams created, but it is not completing the file. It appears to be stopping the encode after the first ten chapters, with the remaining 6 missing. 

I've tried doing the conversion with Constant Quality and also with a Target Size set but get the same result each time.

Can someone please advise if I am missing or not understanding something when it comes to multiple audio streams?

Thanks in advance

Jun 26, 2012 at 2:47 PM
Edited Jun 26, 2012 at 2:47 PM

One idea off the top of my head: Perhaps the file is becoming too large and you need to check the "Large file size" option? Could also be a problem in the HandBrake core, see: .

Jun 26, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Thanks for the reply and advice RandomEngy,

I'll give it a try and report back the results.

Jun 30, 2012 at 3:34 AM

I gave it a try but it still cut the file short. The original file was 4.36Gb. I think it's a problem with the file itself, as I don't seem to be having any issues with any others.

Thanks for the advice though and good job on a great tool.