Merged MKV issue

Aug 7, 2012 at 6:34 PM

I have a video... each with multiple chapters that were on different disks. I packaged each with MakeMKV. I then used MKVmerge to add the second MKV file to the first. VidCoder recognized that the merged file had the total chapters of both disks and the length was the correct time for the two added together, so I told VidCoder to transcode them into a MP4/H.264 file. After about 5-6 hours of processing, I started playing back the output... it is only the length of the first file... not the two combined. When I gets to the point where the first file should have ended, playback stops. I've been using VLC as my video player... sometimes, it actually starts up with two windows... one showing the first video and the other showing the second. It makes me think that somehow they are linked as alternative videos instead of videos placed end-to-end. Is there something I'm missing?

Coordinator
Aug 7, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Sounds like HandBrake's length detection doesn't work on that file. Since it's in their code I can't do anything about it: if you can repro it in the HandBrake GUI you can report it to them.