I occasionally have a movie with no sound...bug or am i doing something wrong?

Feb 7, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Edited Feb 7, 2013 at 8:32 AM
I batch a bunch of movies from iso and i get a few randomly that for some reason don't have any sound tracks on them. bad teacher and battleship are an example. My profile is-3 tracks dolbyII passthru and 6 channel.
the 6-channel added to the default high Profile Am i missing a codec> and the program just doesnt do any of them? My understanding is It should transcode any track thats on the dvd and the passthru is for a catch all ?

While I am on here I still dont really understand the constant quality ...I like it alot but what should i set it for the best picture from a DVD (dont care about file size) if i move it all the way to the left (off) i get no picture at all ..and i havent even tried the right side. at the moment i have it set at 16 but the movies just don't have the crispness like watching them from dvd or iso

I am really just (mostly) using this great program for getting dvd's out of the ts folders and onto a disk for playback ...so transcoding isn't really needed? is there a way just to copy this stuff were a media player will still play them? at the moment i use mp4 with a wdtvlive on a media streamer server. with the ease of batching and transcoding from iso this is the easiest program ive found to do this.

So the set up is 1- DVD to ISO DvdFab fulll disk ...2-ISO to mp4 Vidcoder with high profile and the 3 audio tracks i mentions earlier with the high set at 16 constant ...everything else is default.
Feb 7, 2013 at 2:54 PM
There are plenty of players that can just play a DVD from the VIDEO_TS folder, like Zoom Player or VLC.

About your sound problem, please post an encode log.

About Constant Quality, you can read about it here: http://vidcoder.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Video%20Quality%20Options