2 REQ: Deleting DVD-directories and starting Encoding automatically

Apr 13, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Edited Apr 13, 2013 at 9:25 AM
At first: Thank you for VidCoder. I do use the software since 2 months by now and I'm happy with it. The reason to switch from Handbrake to VidCoder was the "fix filesize" option, the handbrake programmers refuse to put back in.

Anyhow, greedy as I'm, I do have two requests to improve ViDCoder (for me).

1 | Could you please insert an option to delete a DVD-Directory after it is sucessfully processed. You did this already with other media-files, but adding the .vob, .ifo and *.bup extension doesn't do the job.

2 | Could you please add an option, VidCoder starts to encode as soon the programm is open. Just in case the computer crashes over night, simply putting VidCoder in Windows-Autostart will continue the rest of the jobs automatically.

3 | Thank you very much and once again: VidCoder is GREAT WORK !
Coordinator
Apr 13, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Edited Apr 13, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Thanks! I implemented your two requests in 1.4.18 Beta. Look in the Advanced tab of the Options dialog.
Apr 13, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Wow, this what I call "fast customer service".

Thank you very much!
Apr 15, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Edited Apr 15, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Sorry to bug you again. I didn't get the new version working as expected. Maybe I also didn't explain my wishlist accurat enought too.

Scenario | I do have a directory "X:/2convert" and in this directory are several subfolders from "DVD_300" up to "DVD_X_men_3". These subfolders contain all ifo, vob and bup files of the DVD directly OR the "VIDEO_TS" and "AUDIO_TS" directories. When VidCoder is done with one DVD, the program should delete all files and - if possible - the actual subdirectory. So at the end of the entire process the directory "X:/2convert" is empty.

Is this possible to do?
Coordinator
Apr 15, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Yes, it should be deleting the whole DVD folder (as long as you don't have it currently open in VidCoder).
Apr 16, 2013 at 2:07 PM
I did go to TOOLS/OPTION/Advanced and checked [x] Delete source files after clearing ... The regonized Extensions are: vob, ifo, bup.

But VidCoder doesn't delete anything.

What do I do wrong?

The resume Option works perfect, thank you for that.
Coordinator
Apr 16, 2013 at 4:17 PM
The recognized extensions are for scanning video files in batch folders, they are not related to the auto-delete function. I'll try to make that more clear in options.

As for your problems with the deleting the folder I did find a bug with the logic that could cause it to fail to delete if you had just closed the source. I'll fix that in the next release.
Apr 18, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Edited Apr 18, 2013 at 1:35 PM
RandomEngy wrote:
As for your problems with the deleting the folder I did find a bug with the logic that could cause it to fail to delete if you had just closed the source. I'll fix that in the next release.
I'm looking forward to this release. Thank you.
May 31, 2013 at 3:12 PM
So, I did find the reason why VidCoder doesn't delete the DVD-directories at my computer. The files in the folders have a "Archive" and "Read Only" file properties. The AutoCopy program, shuffling the DVD's on my harddrive doesn't change the file properties. Easy to work around - or do you think VidCoder could delete the files regardless the set file properties. ;-)
Coordinator
May 31, 2013 at 3:50 PM
I think it's best if VidCoder honors the file properties.