OpenCL / HW Acceleration

Jun 10, 2013 at 4:32 AM
Hi all.

First, I want to say that VidCoder consistently behaves and performs better than Handbrake - knowing that you're using the same core, it's great that you're able to achieve that.

Handbrake is now supporting OpenCL acceleration in its beta branches. How soon till we see this implemented in VidCoder?

Many thanks for a great product! Will.
Coordinator
Jun 10, 2013 at 4:45 AM
Thanks, Will!

The support should show up when HandBrake puts it into their regular nightlies. Right now QSV and OpenCL are both in their own separate beta branches.
Jun 12, 2013 at 11:21 AM
HI!
It's been 17 days since your last version of VidCoder. When you are gonna update to the latest nightly build of handbrake?
Keep up the good work.
Coordinator
Jun 12, 2013 at 3:05 PM
When I stop needing to work all weekend.
Jun 13, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Ok. I'll hope you have some free time .Good luck at work.
Jan 5 at 4:08 PM
Just wanted to ask, whether OpenCL is implemented into Vidcoder

found this https://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/HardwareAcceleration?version=4 , dunno if it helps
Coordinator
Jan 5 at 4:13 PM
Yes, in the beta you can choose an Open-CL accelerated scaling algorithm under the Picture tab.
Jan 5 at 6:54 PM
ok thx for your answer,
and what about DVXA Hardware Accelerated Decoding?
or is that not included because it is only meant for low performance pcs and does only work with libav (maybe wrongly spelled) -> not compatible with transport streams and simlilar
Coordinator
Jan 5 at 7:12 PM
It's included. Options -> Advanced -> Video
Jan 8 at 2:19 PM
thx again
when will you upload the new translations to crowdin?
Coordinator
Jan 8 at 3:13 PM
When I'm fairly sure there won't be more strings added before the next stable release.
Jan 8 at 4:28 PM
OK thx