Adding subtitles to movie

Dec 4, 2013 at 10:04 PM
A copied disc of "The Wolverine" and the subtitles were omitted when copying. The movie file is now on my computer after inserting the disc and ripping with VidCoder. I then used VidCoder to attempt to put the subtitles on the movie file.
The way i did it as follows>>Chose the video source>Went to "Subscene" and obtained the subtitle information and put it on my computer>Edited subtitles and input SRT file and then selected encode.
The process went through successfully but when i play the movie from the file on my computer there are no subtitles. Could you advise please?
Coordinator
Dec 5, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Did you try selecting the subtitle track in the media player? SRT files can't be burnt in.
Dec 5, 2013 at 1:46 AM
RandomEngy wrote:
Did you try selecting the subtitle track in the media player? SRT files can't be burnt in.
The Windows Media Player says subtitles/captions on if available.
Coordinator
Dec 5, 2013 at 1:53 AM
Try with another player? Last I checked SRT subtitles worked. If you expect it's something wrong with VidCoder please try and reproduce in HandBrake. I use HandBrake's encoding engine.
Dec 5, 2013 at 2:27 AM
RandomEngy wrote:
Try with another player? Last I checked SRT subtitles worked. If you expect it's something wrong with VidCoder please try and reproduce in HandBrake. I use HandBrake's encoding engine.
Thanks. I downloaded DVD FAB MEDIA PLAYER and the subtitles worked in that, although much delayed after the person speaking.
Coordinator
Dec 5, 2013 at 3:41 AM
You probably want to adjust the delay in the subtitles dialog then.
Dec 5, 2013 at 5:22 AM
Edited Dec 5, 2013 at 5:26 AM
RandomEngy wrote:
You probably want to adjust the delay in the subtitles dialog then.
Yes its hard to find in Dvd Fab Media Player. Actually the file i originally processed with VidCoder onto my computer plays with Dvd Fab Media Player and shows subtitles (delayed) as long as i click on "load subtitle" in the settings. But, when i put the movie, using that file, onto a dvd disc, and click load subtitles, the subtitles dont work.
Coordinator
Dec 5, 2013 at 6:38 AM
Sounds like a problem with the player then.