Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 for Windows 7 x64-based Systems (KB2858725)

Jan 3, 2014 at 2:41 PM
Windows update wants me to update to this version. Will it work with Vidcoder?

Thank you for this software. I use it all the time.
Coordinator
Jan 3, 2014 at 4:12 PM
I have not heard any reports that it's incompatible, and generally .NET Framework updates don't break programs.
Jan 3, 2014 at 6:50 PM
Thank you.
Jan 5, 2014 at 2:46 AM
I have not heard any reports that it's incompatible, and generally .NET Framework updates don't break programs.
Since doing the update to .NET 4.5.1 virtually everything has had major troubles. VidCoder will not operate. It crashes the moment it opens. There doesn't seem to be any log entries about the crash, the only message I get on the screen is VidCoder has stopped working. Then Windows closes VidCoder promising to fine the reason, but does not. I have tried uninstalling and starting from scratch, but to no avail. Non of the versions will run.

I originally had a lot of trouble getting the update to install and went to Windows for help. They did the install and found a bad register value was the reason.
Jan 5, 2014 at 11:31 AM
My system works as before.
Jan 12, 2014 at 10:03 PM
I just got notice of your newest updates and downloaded and installed both versions of Vidcoder, 1.5.15-Beta-x64 and x86 after uninstalling everything else first for a totally clean install. Upon installation, when I tried to run either, they stopped working as soon as opened. I was so hoping they would work but it really does appear that the update of the windows .NET Framework has affected something. Can you check out the newest windows update to see if it affects Vidcoder on a Win 7 64 bit machine??
Jan 12, 2014 at 11:20 PM
I have no other version of .NET on my Windows 7 x64 than the 4.5.1 update. It seems to have uninstalled/replaced all the others (3, 3.5-4), as it promised in it's description online. If I have need of some other version of .NET, my computer has not complained yet. Have you run Disk Cleanup with the new button to cleanup after Windows Update & Service Packs? I lost 600+MB of garbage that way. It may help to simplify your environment.