Audio sync issue with output m4v

Jan 3, 2014 at 4:26 PM
Edited Jan 3, 2014 at 4:42 PM
I've read a ton of posts about audio sync issues, but I can't seem to find a solution to my issue. I am ripping my Blu-ray collection using DVDFab9 HD Decrypter (the free one). I then take that output and run it through VidCoder to create an m4v. I've had great success with most of my media, but I've had a few movies lately (This is 40, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs) that show audio sync issues in the final m4v.

I've tried setting the video frame rate to constant vs variable, but the issue persists.

Is there something else I can try? I get the same sync issues whether I am using VidCoder or Handbrake. :\

I haven't been able to prove the rip from Blu-ray to the hard drive is in sync... not sure how to do that actually.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I can't stand watching movies where the voices don't match up with the mouths of the characters. My kids don't seem to care though, haha!

EDIT: I am using the latest release of VidCoder and DVDFab 9 HD Decrypter
Jan 25, 2014 at 5:28 PM
Sorry for the late reply. Since the issue happens with HandBrake as well you'll want to ask them for support, as they own all the encoding/sync logic.