About presets

Jan 19, 2014 at 5:35 AM
Firstly thanks very much for this so so friendly and well working software.
It installed flawlessly and I already tried a test conversion from blu-ray iso image without any problem.

I want to reduce the size to a MP4 container of my blu-ray image then I want to create a dvd disc (using another software) so could anyone please advice me what preset is best for this purpose?
Should I just go for the "high profile" or what else?
Also I tried to create my own preset and saved it within VidCoder but I wasn't able to find its location so I could backup it, where is the related file?

Thanks in advance!
Coordinator
Jan 19, 2014 at 5:01 PM
You can export the preset with Tools -> Export Preset. And yes High Profile is a good place to start. I'm not sure what formats your DVD authoring software accepts but you should try and preserve the 5.1 sound if you've got it on the blu-ray.
Jan 19, 2014 at 7:36 PM
Thanks for help.

I was surprised to see that a high profile conversion required around 15 hours (forgot exactly how much) while an android one only required around 4 hours conversion time.
My misunderstanding was that smaller file = longer time conversion.
I tried an android preset to check the final size which resulted in 39.6GB iso image reduced to 904MB.
I think that this file is still too big for my little 4.3 display size mobile so I'm unsure what change to make in the settings, the quality factor or the x264?
I would like to see an estimate final size when I make temporary changes in the presets settings.

I'm still unsure what software I'll stick with to create the final DVD.
Xilisoft DVD Creator, Sothink Movie DVD Maker or ConverXtodvd, the latter seems the most regarded although I personally feel so lost within its dvd menu creator.
Coordinator
Jan 19, 2014 at 7:54 PM
If you want a file good for mobile viewing, make sure you size down the picture to meet the device's screen size, and have just one audio track with 2-channel audio. Sometimes encoding a smaller picture can make for a faster and smaller encode; that might be part of what's happening for Android, though I can't tell for sure since there are several factors that affect encode speed.