This project is read-only.

Subtitles not displaying

Jan 25, 2014 at 12:20 AM
The conversion to mp.4 from a DVD disc is successful, the foreign audio plays well but I can't see the English subtitles.
I chose the "default" option when selecting the subtitle, did I do anything wrong?
Jan 25, 2014 at 4:08 AM
I don't know. A log might help.
Jan 25, 2014 at 6:17 AM
Thanks, in the mean time I tried with "burn in" setting and it works but the other one "standard" didn't.
How can I attach the log file?
Jan 25, 2014 at 6:55 AM
Use pastebin. I'm guessing you didn't select the subtitles with the player or the player couldn't read them.
Jan 25, 2014 at 7:38 AM
Edited Jan 25, 2014 at 7:39 AM
What player, the one from the preview or any player on my system?
Windows Media Player and VLC can read the subtitles from the DVD.
I never used pastebin: LOG
Jan 25, 2014 at 6:33 PM
The player that you use to view the encoded video. The player has to support it in that context and you have to choose that subtitle track. It looks like it successfully picked the track to encode, so it should be there. If it's missing entirely it may be a bug in HandBrake and you should check the behavior of that program as well.
Jan 25, 2014 at 11:08 PM
I tried it again but no luck, the subtitles are selectable by Windows Media Player when I play the DVD but not when the it is decoded by VidCoder though the "burn in" setting works.
Jan 26, 2014 at 10:28 PM
Tried again with the DVD folder on hard disc, no luck.
I went through Handbrake's wiki and it says it has compatibility issues with some subtitle extensions which are not recognised so that might be the issue with my DVD.
Now I need to find another software that can do the job.