nl-means implementation

Jun 26, 2014 at 9:01 AM
-> randomengy are you working on a new version (1.5.24) right now and will it be based on 6216?

or does this need further work since you need to rework the noise settings?

I'm sorry for urging you about this, but the feature looks brilliant to me and I'm ancient to test it out using the Vidcoder Beta :)
maybe you know what I'm talking about (way better denoising)
Coordinator
Jul 4, 2014 at 12:48 AM
Hmm. I've already told all the translators I'd wrapped up the translations for the stable release, so I'm conflicted about whether to include this or not. I'll think about whether to put it in the stable or wait for the next round of betas.
Jul 4, 2014 at 1:17 PM
Well it's up to you ;)

I think that nl-means is a really good feature and if you are able to write the code in time then you could just upload the strings to crowdin.

By the time you want to release you will just look whether most of the translators managed to translate the new strings, if not then you could still release the stable without it.

I'm actually one of the translators there felix.bau42 (German translation). I don't think that it would take too much time to do translate it.

You could write a message to all Vidcoder translators (there is an option for that somewhere) in which you are saying when you want to release the new version and ask them to translate the new strings until then.
Coordinator
Aug 3, 2014 at 4:52 AM
It's implemented in 1.5.24 Beta.
Aug 3, 2014 at 10:46 AM
thx a lot!!!