How to reduce size NO cropping?

Jul 27 at 12:59 AM
I'm sorry if I made the question in the wrong way, but I don't like when people heads look chopped, it really looks disappointing.
How can I reduce a standard DVD size to a smaller mp4 file without cutting the frame horizontally?
I tried to read this tutorial on Handbrake but couldn't understand it, is it the right one regarding my question?
https://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/AnamorphicGuide
Coordinator
Jul 27 at 4:15 PM
I don't know what you're asking. Do you want to cut off unused black area from your picture? Or just rescale without doing any cropping at all?
Jul 28 at 2:53 AM
RandomEngy wrote:
Or just rescale without doing any cropping at all?
Sorry for not being clear, but that is what I want reducing the video size but not cropping nor adding the black bars.
To explain it in another way, rescale (reducing in my language) proportionally but not cutting the picture especially horizontally because people's top front heads will result cut.
By the way, I tried cropping settings to "none" and set the top to "0" but the image picture was still the same as the standard settings.
Coordinator
Jul 28 at 4:02 AM
If you want to rescale, put in "None" for the cropping, choose Keep Aspect Ratio and choose a smaller width with Anamorphic Loose or None.
Jul 29 at 4:16 AM
RandomEngy wrote:
If you want to rescale, put in "None" for the cropping, choose Keep Aspect Ratio and choose a smaller width with Anamorphic Loose or None.
Sorry I think that I'm a bit confused here.
When I watch the original full DVD image with either Windows Media Player or VLC Media Player I think that the picture is cut horizontally plus the player adds black bars, I'm using a 16:10 aspect ratio wide screen.
We know that the DVD standard picture size is 720x576 and the aspect ratio is 4:3, so has this anything to do with with the black bars thing?
The full DVD size is 5.7GB and I would like to create a smaller video file like around 1GB size without cropping the picture "if" possible.
Could you please suggest me the settings within the normal profile so that I can use this as a standard profile for future conversions?
Coordinator
Jul 29 at 4:27 AM
Does the source video have black bars on the sides? If so, you should use cropping. It should be pretty obvious in the Preview window. You can then scale the final video however you want by modifying the width and height.
Jul 29 at 9:25 AM
RandomEngy wrote:
Does the source video have black bars on the sides? If so, you should use cropping. It should be pretty obvious in the Preview window. You can then scale the final video however you want by modifying the width and height.
Here is the screenshot: http://www.filedropper.com/screenshot_1
Coordinator
Jul 29 at 3:32 PM
That doesn't tell me anything. I don't know whether the black area is from the source video or from the media player. Again, you should be able to tell this pretty easily from the VidCoder preview window.
Jul 29 at 11:52 PM
Edited Jul 30 at 12:02 AM
RandomEngy wrote:
That doesn't tell me anything. I don't know whether the black area is from the source video or from the media player. Again, you should be able to tell this pretty easily from the VidCoder preview window.
Sorry for not being clear but the screenshot is from Windows Media Player playing the original DVD image.
I took again both Media Player screenshot and from within VidCoder using normal profile (not touching any setting) player, they are exactly the same.

You know what, I never liked this new widescreen marketing bull that corporations forced in our life, they pretend to sell bigger screens compared to the previous 4:3 screens and cut them horizontally and invented a new market for useless gadgets for human living.
Coordinator
Jul 30 at 2:26 AM
I really can't help you any more. If there are black bars in the source video, crop them out.