Crop function doesnt work when...

Dec 16, 2014 at 9:23 PM
Edited Dec 16, 2014 at 9:26 PM
...you encode a video file by keeping the same resolution.

To xplain it better, here's the problem:

Let's say your original video file with a resolution of 720x404 with black bars on the left and right (2px each).

What i want to do is cropping the black bars while keeping the same resolution (Automatic cropping put the resolution at 716x404, i switch it back manually to 720x404 using the anamorphic "None" option). However once encoded, the cropping option hasnt worked and the black bars are still there in the video newly encoded.

Interestingly enough, it's affecting all vidcodex version since 1.5.8 (or 1.5.7 i don't remember very well and currently i'm using 1.5.30 version) and forward but the 1.4.25 doesnt have that issue.
I'm on win7x64, using the x64 portbale version (i've tried with installer version and the issue there).
Coordinator
Dec 19, 2014 at 6:10 PM
What's the Pixel Aspect Ratio of your source? An encode log would help here so I could see exactly what you were trying to do.

Though I will say I don't know why you'd want to keep it 720 wide when you're cropping from the left and right. It just means you'll need to rescale and make your picture look worse. I'd make the video 716 wide and let the player do the rescaling directly to whatever it needs to.
Jan 2, 2015 at 10:55 PM
Hm after having tried all beta version it seems the particular issue started with the 1.5.7beta version (x64).
Nov 11, 2015 at 7:39 AM
It seems the 2.7.0.0 version has finally fixed the issue.

Fixed cropping values not persiting.

I guess that was what was wrong.