Crashes on start up

Dec 29, 2014 at 11:57 AM
Hello, I searched the interweb and couldn't find an answer to this though I know it must be there somewhere.
I tried to make my own .XML file to batch process a number of films and it crashed vidcoder. Now whenever i try to start vidcoder it crashes. I've uninstalled it a number of times and re installed but always the same result... This is the message I get

Any advice ???? thanks ...oh and great program ....
Thanks

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at VidCoder.ViewModel.Components.ProcessingViewModel.RefreshEncodeCompleteActions() in d:\docs\projects\VidCoder\VidCoder\ViewModel\Components\ProcessingViewModel.cs:line 1794
at VidCoder.ViewModel.Components.ProcessingViewModel..ctor() in d:\docs\projects\VidCoder\VidCoder\ViewModel\Components\ProcessingViewModel.cs:line 140
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at GalaSoft.MvvmLight.Ioc.SimpleIoc.MakeInstanceTClass
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
at GalaSoft.MvvmLight.Ioc.SimpleIoc.DoGetService(Type serviceType, String key)
at GalaSoft.MvvmLight.Ioc.SimpleIoc.GetInstanceTService
at VidCoder.ViewModel.MainViewModel..ctor() in d:\docs\projects\VidCoder\VidCoder\ViewModel\MainViewModel.cs:line 100
at VidCoder.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e) in d:\docs\projects\VidCoder\VidCoder\App.xaml.cs:line 137
at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1(Object unused)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
Dec 29, 2014 at 1:39 PM
First thing, sorry I posted this in the wrong place. So if an admin could kindly move it to the issues section then the balance of the world will be restored.
Second thing, I fixed it myself and thought I'd post in case it helps others...

Even though you uninstall and it asks if you want to get rid of all set up files etc it doesn't actually delete everything.... there are still some folders and data in the apps folders which it reloads every start up...
I'm on Win 7 so the files causing me problems where in

C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming

Appdata is normally a hidden folder so you'll have to go in to user "your name area then click the alt key to bring up the hidden menu then tools then folder options and then view. scroll down until you see the show hidden folders option.. click on that and then appdata should show in your folders list.
Once in Appdata go in to Roaming and if it's like mine you'll see a vidcoder folder. I simply deleted it and re installed Vidcoder and I was back to clean install land.
My vidcoder now works again as it did out of the box (so to speak)

I'm still absolutely lost how to to batch queuing though so I'll start another thread on that and if anyone can help then I'd be moist pleased...
Thanks...