Various issues & suggestions

Jun 7, 2015 at 5:50 PM
In no particular order or theme....
  1. please list version numbers of filters and algorithms (such as scaling algorithm).
  2. have application remember its window size
  3. default save location to each opened file's origin (currently it defaults with only the first file opened since the application was launched).
  4. A way to rename and/or delete personal presets would be appreciated.
  5. A way to encode audio only (with video stream-copy), or audio files alone. (I know that Handbrake does not offer this, but there is no reason that a fork couldn't.)
  6. 8x8 Transform is off by default in Advanced Video settings (with pop-up text explaining that many devices do not support the required High Profile. However, 10bit encoding is also on by default (for x264), and the lack of device support for that tends to overlap. ...advise?
Coordinator
Jun 8, 2015 at 7:17 PM
  1. I don't think I have programmatic access to that information on the HandBrake API.
  2. It doesn't? Which window? All windows should be remembering their location and size and restoring when they are re-opened.
  3. You mean when you press the "Browse" button on the main window? I have code that remembers the last folder you were on and saves it for next time. Is that not working for you?
  4. Did you try the Rename or Delete buttons on the Encoding settings window?
  5. I'm not going to fork HandBrake and add this; I don't have the time.
  6. Where did you get the idea that VidCoder is doing 10-bit encoding by default? I don't think HandBrake even supports that yet.
Jun 8, 2015 at 8:41 PM
Edited Jun 8, 2015 at 8:42 PM
(4) Ah. The delete button turns into "Revert" if you fiddle with anything (even if you change that thing right back).

(6) Nevermind; I screwed up ("MPEG-4 AVC (part 10)" is not the same thing as 10bit-encoding).

Feature request: save the record of completed encodings (so that it reappears again when app is relaunched), and list the preset used during that encode.