This project is read-only.

Discussions under General

Are the presets in a file that can be mass edited?

first post: DavidRT wrote: I've created a number of presets over time- dozens - and wish to do...

How to convert to MP4 from Blu-ray disc?

first post: tytom2003 wrote: i converted a MP4 file from Blu-ray disc. But i use player to watch...

Mpeg1 Audio - One stereo to two Mono channel

first post: quacka wrote: Hi, I have lots of old mpeg1 karaoke files where left channel is ...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: Try it with 2.39 Beta. This runs the batch scan operation in a sepa...

My Encoding time has increased dramatically and my CPU is only at 65%

first post: yahknow1 wrote: All cores are enabled. I just don't understand what could have happ...

Target size not what was expected

first post: LeKeiser wrote: Hello all, I tried to find a similar problem in the discussions bu...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: Please post future issues on the new GitHub site: https://github.co...

Can Vidcoder Watch Folder

first post: sysops wrote: I have been trying out this software for the past few days and it h...

latest post: sysops wrote: Your correct, my input format are are different from my output file...

Vidcoder Beta 2.20.0.0 Will not encode or start VidcoderWorker.exe

first post: kairukun wrote: Currently experiencing issue with Vidcoder Beta 2.20.0.0, the main ...

System out of memory error need help

first post: Shraknel wrote: So I downloaded Vidcorder and on start up I get this error. (I also...

latest post: Shraknel wrote: Yep. that as the issue I launched it on the new user. and it worked...

VIDCODER HAS MOVED

first post: RandomEngy wrote: We've moved to GitHub and the new site is vidcoder.net. As of now...

How To Make My Original Subtitle File Remain Unchanged

first post: AbyShrivelfig wrote: For weeks I've been trying to make my very first subtitles encoded ...

Vidcoder Preview Playback Help

first post: Ricksasha wrote: When I play a preview clip with Vidcoder, it encodes the preview bu...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: Check out 2.11 Beta, I added a built-in player!

How to use "zones" parameter in OPTIONS STRING

first post: MOHAX777 wrote: Hello! How to use "zones" parameter (http://www.videorip.info/x264...

Crop function doesnt work when...

first post: msi2 wrote: ...you encode a video file by keeping the same resolution. To xpla...

latest post: msi2 wrote: It seems the 2.7.0.0 version has finally fixed the issue. Fixed cr...

Video Compression Help

first post: Hiacios wrote: I have a 4GB movie that I downloaded and I want to compress it to a...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: I would advise not using the Advanced tab and instead pick a consta...

Multiple Subtitles from Blu-Ray not working

first post: AndrewD2 wrote: When I try to create a file from a Blu-ray with multiple subtitle t...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: The MP4 container is not capable of carrying soft (selectable) PGS ...

No video decoder set! error, Windows Store Movie mp4

first post: kwicktech wrote: Is this file type not readable by VidCoder? Thanks.

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: I'm guessing it has DRM on it. If so, it's not readable.

Steps to encode MKV(or m4a) with ATMOS

first post: yahknow1 wrote: Sorry, this is a duplicate thread, I thik I mistakenly posted it in...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: I don't think TrueHD is a supported passthrough option. Only certai...

Removing Cinavia

first post: zcott wrote: Any chance that in a future release that VidCoder will be able to r...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: That would be up to the HandBrake people who implement the encoding...

VidCoder Beta is much slower than VidCoder

first post: Grander wrote: Hello. I work with VidCoder Beta V2.5.0.0 and VidCoder v1.5.31.0 ...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: We now let HandBrake apply the "turbo" option for turbo first pass ...

How to keep original size after hardcoding subtitles?

first post: panoschris wrote: So i have hardcoded some tv shows and watched on my tv just fine di...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: You might try quality targeting and picking a number like 22. Const...

While convert from h264 to h265 the SRT dubtitles gets converted to ASS

first post: blehel wrote: Hello all! There is a weird thing I've observed couple of days ag...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: That's the way the HandBrake core handles subtitles and I don't bel...

Adding Black Bars (possibly after Cropping)

first post: nightstalkerpoet wrote: I'm attempting to make bluray compliant streams, but can't figure o...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: No, there's no way to do that. It's a limitation of the handbrake e...

Subtitle settings in Beta for enqueing multiple files

first post: LittleDude wrote: Is the subtitle setting moved/missing in the Beta or have I overloo...

latest post: LittleDude wrote: Thanks

Video Rendering - Starts normal then jumps through file

first post: THRobinson wrote: I just build a new computer a few days ago, installed VidCoder and ...

Subtitle Position and Char Codes

first post: jkahane wrote: I have two questions. In my videos there are various instances w...

Smooth Video Playback Frame Interpolation?

first post: kairukun wrote: Wouldn't it be cool if you can use frame Interpolation on Vidcoder ...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: I'll add it when HandBrake does. I don't have enough access to the ...

Where Are Profiles Stored?

first post: hurricane51 wrote: I've created a number of custom profiles and I'd like to clean hous...

latest post: hurricane51 wrote: Sorry, I just found the delete choice, clear as day. Thanks for the...

Constant Quality and 2-pass encoding

first post: hurricane51 wrote: Why is there no option for 2-pass encoding when using constant qual...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: Because the two are fundamentally incompatible. Constant Quality do...

Automatically normalize audio?

first post: awgiedawgie wrote: I realize that at present, HandBrake (and therefore VidCoder) doesn...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: The support doesn't exist in HandBrake. If you'd like them to add i...

Add "Breizh" language plz

first post: SFNasty wrote: Hello add this language "Breizh" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britt...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: Ahhh! I was looking for "Breton". I've added it to Crowdin, so you ...

Is there a way to select another font than "Arial" for subtitles?

first post: jarousi wrote: Hello! Basically, all I want to do is change the "Arial" font to ...

latest post: ahmed_master23 wrote: i just wanna add that apps like StaxRip and Avidemux doesn't has th...

Various issues & suggestions

first post: Honeyko wrote: In no particular order or theme.... please list version numbers o...

latest post: Honeyko wrote: (4) Ah. The delete button turns into "Revert" if you fiddle with an...

subtitles - font code appears before each subtitle

first post: Pietje wrote: I am experiencing a problem with the subtitles. Before each subtil...

latest post: SFNasty wrote: Pietje Have u the .srt ? I think I can fix the .srt ! __The soft it...

Set default processor affinity

first post: WillTschumy wrote: Hi all, Is it possible to add a preference option to tell VidCode...

latest post: Honeyko wrote: Recommendation: set VidCodeWorker.exe's default priority to Low. --...

Target Size

first post: InnerKapuze wrote: Hello, i use VidCoder with Qualitiy Options: Target Size: 23.850,...

latest post: InnerKapuze wrote: Used VidCoder-2.2-Beta-x64 and works really good. :) Many Thanks.

Hibernate, Stop and Move

first post: nomac wrote: Love your software, fantastic front end GUI, I've used it to upgrad...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: Hibernate when done is in 2.3 Beta.

Help on CLI

first post: piei100 wrote: How do we make a batch bat script to convert all mkv video lossless...

latest post: piei100 wrote: Ahh.. Is that soo.. Thanks again. Problem solved. :)

How to convert VIDEO_TS into a single MKV file?

first post: alekdavis wrote: I have a number of ripped DVD (VIDEO_TS) folders which I want to co...

latest post: alekdavis wrote: Oh, I see. Thanks for the explanation.

Audio Issues - DTS to AC3 Causes Audio to Cut In/Out

first post: THRobinson wrote: Have some files that are simply too big for my server, and frankly,...

latest post: THRobinson wrote: Same issue with Handbrake... tried the file today and same deal. ...

x265 codec

first post: armageddon51 wrote: Have been trying to use that new codec but it always fail with the ...

latest post: armageddon51 wrote: Yes there was those parameters ; "ref=1:weightp=1:subq=2:rc-lookahe...

Wierd errors?

first post: bigjohn wrote: The source DVD is ripped to my HDD using anydvd. Then I open the f...

latest post: bigjohn wrote: 11:01:04] + Deblock (pp7) (5) [11:01:04] + Crop and Scale...

b-adapt=2? encoding for windows media center to xbox360

first post: bigjohn wrote: I encoded about 200 videos. Then I needed to change the parameters ...

latest post: bigjohn wrote: Yes exactly. I guess that's it. I will try to re-encode one of the ...

QSV encode option suddenly missing

first post: jsmcpn wrote: Opened up VidCoder like I have a million times, and for some reason...

latest post: jsmcpn wrote: I fixed it. After uninstalling, I scoured the filesystem and regis...

Help with auto naming

first post: bluc wrote: Hey all I would like my output filename to be same as the main fold...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: Sure. Make the destination folder F:\Movies and the file name {pare...

Video Cropping

first post: icedjava wrote: Hi - Thank you all so much for providing VidCoder. I am starting t...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: That's by design. After cropping, the aspect ratio of the video doe...

No audio

first post: allcoder wrote: The Vob file plays well in VLC and Windows Medial Player but after ...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: If you can't select the audio there that means that it wasn't detec...

Beta Crashing

first post: BillyWhizz wrote: Hi Been using Vidcoder for ages & love it, :) Just accepted the...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: Give 2.1 Beta a try.

Unattended Ripping

first post: deepusurana wrote: Hi, How can a Unattended Ripping feature be achieved. Just open t...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: Are you using the Beta? Did you go to Windows -> Picker? Did you sc...

x265 Adding extra options under "More Settings:"

first post: c4p0ne wrote: I'm simply looking to add some additional options to a particular e...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: Ahh right, my bad.

[AAC] AAC (avcodec), AAC (FDK) or HE-AAC (FDK)

first post: yopmail wrote: Hello! I'm encoding a BRRip of 3GB to 700MB, I'm using VidCoder, ...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: It's probably still compatible, I think most of the differences are...

new member and fairly new encoder

first post: sctictor wrote: Hi to all and thanks for making a great encoding product. I have en...

latest post: sctictor wrote: Thank you.... I have learned much from you in this thread. I will n...

new version of the x264 codec r2525

first post: Zoltar wrote: new version x264 r2525 (December 21, 2014) http://www.videohelp....

latest post: Zoltar wrote: thx for answer

MKV on Popcorn Hour

first post: kick0 wrote: Hi there, I recently started converting BluRays, and used BDtoAVC...

latest post: kick0 wrote: Not an overly active community here, methinks ::: Had a nice chat ...

Vidcoder not using 100% of resources

first post: shinyidol wrote: Recently upgraded to 5930k w/ 16 GB of RAM and 480 SSD and encoding...

latest post: Antifa wrote: Hybrid + x265, use CPU: 90%, fps (2nd pass) - 18 Vidcoder: 40%, fp...

New Feature

first post: lib3rty1 wrote: Hello, is there any chance that you would add something like pass ...

latest post: lib3rty1 wrote: I see, pitty but thx for reply.

when a new revision of the handbrake?

first post: Zoltar wrote: when a new revision of the handbrake? there has been a lot of cha...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: It could be a little while. I'm working on a big honking automation...

Very much a newbie

first post: terri123 wrote: Love this program. I used it yesterday for the first time and the v...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: What options did you select for the subtitle? Did you burn them in?...

subtitle naming?

first post: MMC1 wrote: Its great that I can now name the audio streams and have them saved...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: I don't think the HandBrake API supports naming subtitles. You coul...

Improve Picture Quality

first post: inSight01 wrote: Hello, New to using Vidcoder. Just wanting some advice. Noticing ...

latest post: inSight01 wrote: Fantastic. Thank you I will check these settings out when I get hom...

Adding in several SDK into the mix.

first post: PCGeek69 wrote: I am curious if in a later revision the following can get added int...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: I just work on the user interface wrapper for the HandBrake engine....

3D to 2D no more working since >VidCoder-1.4.25-x64 (this Version works)

first post: joelli wrote: Converting a 3D Video to 2D works in Version VidCoder-1.4.25-x64 al...

latest post: joelli wrote: Didn't try this. Have installed only VidCoder.

How to download earlier version ?

first post: MartinPlassen wrote: I need to download an earlier version (based on Handbrake 6140 or e...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: In the Downloads section you can scroll down the "Other Downloads" ...

Support for InterFrame / Smooth motion?

first post: orangpelupa wrote: Thanks for making VidCoder. It is the easiest encoder i ever used a...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: It would need to be added to HandBrake first. I use their encoding ...

More options

first post: RedAero wrote: First, I'd like to say I come from a Sorenson Squeeze "background",...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: I don't know how MediaInfo gets its information; it could be from b...

DXVA not working?

first post: RedAero wrote: Simple: VidCoder seems to make no use of my graphics card with DXVA...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: VidCoder supports QSV encoding, as does HandBrake's stable version ...

SSA subtitles, not a format for my DVD player

first post: MartinPlassen wrote: Around first of December before Christmas, the films I run through ...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: Hmm. This change might be due to the new MKV/MP4 container that the...

memory leak ?

first post: adrianmak wrote: Even I quit from the program, I found that Vidcoder processes still...

latest post: adrianmak wrote: i didn't do any special. Just for normal video encoding process.

sudden constant error

first post: cimmadif wrote: A couple weeks ago I started getting this error when trying to use ...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: Hmm. It looks like there's an unrecognized container in the preset ...

how to remove commentary

first post: dazednconfuzed wrote: when I rip to mkv it seems a few of my movies has either special fe...

latest post: dazednconfuzed wrote: sorry for the stupid question? I'm new to vidcoder and didn't reali...

Font in Subtitles

first post: AlmirMacedo wrote: Are you guys planning to add some kind of way to edit it in the pro...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: The HandBrake API doesn't expose fonts... I think it just tries to ...

Choppy video after scene change

first post: danom wrote: Hello, Thanks for such a great program! I have one minor issue th...

latest post: danom wrote: Thanks for the response! I'll run some tests with Handbrake and see...

Crashes on start up

first post: perfo wrote: Hello, I searched the interweb and couldn't find an answer to this ...

latest post: perfo wrote: First thing, sorry I posted this in the wrong place. So if an admin...

Missing function to not re-encode Video

first post: patrick31 wrote: I got several MKV video already encoded correctly in MP4 where I ne...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: Video passthrough is something that won't be added. It would need t...

Fix subtitle (French)

first post: SFNasty wrote: Hi, why it's no the same sub ? If u want https://mega.co.nz/#!Lx5...

latest post: SFNasty wrote: Yes I have the same problem with handbrake --" I have the solution...

answered by: SFNasty wrote: Hi, idk I don't use HandBrake. English and French sub it's not the ...

Failing Over and Over Again!!!!

first post: yourarnav wrote: Folks, this is literally killing me. Even on x264 - 720p BluRay enc...

latest post: yourarnav wrote: Alright Sir, will do that and get back to you in case of any discre...

Blu Ray

first post: rumred85 wrote: When I encode Blu Ray using QSV my frame rates are around 60. When...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: Hmm. The log indicates you're using the regular x264 encoder with V...

VidCoder Keeps Failing to Encode - "FAILED"

first post: ThirtyIR wrote: I am an avid fan of VidCoder and have been using it for about a yea...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: Sometimes, specific inputs can cause HandBrake to crash. You could ...

VidCoder settings

first post: viwu62 wrote: Whilst using VidCoder-1.5.29-x64-Portable I made a small change to ...

latest post: viwu62 wrote: Ah, thanks!

VidCoder Logfiles

first post: viwu62 wrote: To be honest.. I am a little unsure, likely I am mistaken, but if m...

latest post: viwu62 wrote: I guess so... Well, I don't know what I did in the past, but the ...

HandBrake svn6599

first post: Zoltar wrote: when you give a new revision of the handbrake? regards.

latest post: Zoltar wrote: ok thx for info ;)

720p + 1080p Encodes Failing even on x264 On 1.5.30

first post: yourarnav wrote: Guys, as much I love your work, but this update has made me very mu...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: Yes, a log would be helpful. A sample source video and exported pre...

720p x265 Encodes getting failed on 1.5.30 Version

first post: yourarnav wrote: 480p encodes working great even with turbo 1st pass enabled on x265...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: Hmm. I can't tell anything from the logs. Could you possibly send a...

Please Help me Set These Encode Settings

first post: yourarnav wrote: Hello developers, I need to keep these settings for each of my enco...

latest post: yourarnav wrote: Alright, thanks for the help! Keep up.

Rename audio tracks

first post: snalesso wrote: Hi there! Love this project, just a question: is there a way to re...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: Hmm. It stays populated for me when I close the settings window and...

Metadata

first post: Freshie wrote: In previous versions, all the metadata in the original file was cop...

latest post: Freshie wrote: I don't know. The only thing I've used since I decided to go MP4 ra...

Program is attempting to manipulate other processes

first post: viwu62 wrote: Hi there, Up front: compliments with the new VidCoder version! I...

latest post: viwu62 wrote: Many thanks indeed! No problem, I understand.

x265 Encoding Fails

first post: shovon21 wrote: When I try to Encode a Video to x265 Codec, It Fails to Encode! He...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: Give 1.5.29 a try. I fixed a few issues with how H.265 encodes are ...

Encoding preset missing when changed to advanced tab

first post: kowo wrote: Hi I have been using 1.4 versions of Vidcoder a long time. I swit...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: Your settings should be preserved when switching from Basic to Adva...

x265 encoding fails

first post: yourarnav wrote: Hello, I downloaded the very latest BETA and when I select x265 pro...

latest post: yourarnav wrote: Okay, the issue is with turbo first pass! It doesn't support that.

Encoding mp4 with srt fails with generic errors

first post: shardick wrote: Hi, i'm trying to merge an mp4 file to srt with Vidcoder 64 bit l...

latest post: shardick wrote: ok thank you! i will try now!

Audio Passthrough

first post: Floodville wrote: I am considering using audio pass through for music dvd's, to get ...

latest post: Floodville wrote: Is Pass through in effect the same, I select 5.1 on main window, th...

[REQ] Option to set CPU Threads

first post: Barough wrote: Hi Would really like to see an option so it's possible to set the...

latest post: Barough wrote: Thanks for the info.

Automatically normalize audio gain to 89 dB?

first post: Hoboryuken wrote: I know VidCoder can adjust gain to raise or lower the overall volum...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: There's no way to run an arbitrary command after encoding.

Arabic Subtitles?

first post: Foxxer wrote: Hello Everyone, Since I've used VidCoder it translates English ....

How to copy presets from one VidCoder installation to another

first post: cprcrack wrote: I was trying to copy my preset from one computer to another, but I ...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: You can also copy VidCoder.sqlite if you want to, it should still w...

answered by: cprcrack wrote: Okay it seems that I didn't check the Tools menu of the main window...

Vidcoder error

first post: Ahari wrote: Hi, I was leaving VidCoder to run through the night and woke up t...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: Try using the 64-bit version.

Burned in subtitles font too big

first post: still585 wrote: Hi, I am using VidCoder 1.5.25-Beta-x64 to encode from mkv to mp4 w...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: I'm not sure then. Perhaps you could try to reproduce the problem w...

How can i use x265

first post: LuisNara wrote: Hi, i donwloaded vidcoder to use x265, but i cant see it in the men...

latest post: RandomEngy wrote: Are you using the 1.5 Beta version? It should be in that one.

VidCoder is only encoding the first 34 minutes of a film

first post: rpleak wrote: I'm using VidCoder(a wonderful piece of software) to backup Pan's L...

latest post: rpleak wrote: I tried encoding on 2 different machines, using Handbrake, and Vidc...

Episodic DVD

first post: ZippyGeek wrote: First, I want to say what a great program VidCoder is...Love It! ...

latest post: ZippyGeek wrote: Just a note: VOBMerge has not been updated since 12/2010 and is no ...