- Added hardware acceleration options: Bicubic OpenCL scaling algorithm, QSV decoding/encoding and DXVA decoding.
- Updated HandBrake core to SVN 5834.
- Updated VidCoder setup icon.
- Fixed crash when choosing the mp4v2 container on x86 and opening on x64.
Warning: the hardware acceleration features require specific hardware or file types to work correctly:
- QSV: Need an Intel processor that supports Quick Sync Video encoding, with a monitor hooked up to the Intel HD Graphics output and the latest drivers.
- DXVA decoding: Only supports certain file types and codecs, such as H.264, VC1, WMV3 and MPEG 4 in an AVI container.
- OpenCL: The Bicubic scaling only works properly if you have an AMD graphics card. Otherwise it crashes.
Also note that Windows XP is currently not supported in the VidCoder Betas. Whether that continues to be the case depends on what HandBrake decides to do about compatibility.