New in 1.5.29
New in 1.5
- Fixed issue where x265 preset and profile would not be set if switching from x264 with the Advanced tab open.
- Removed Turbo First Pass option for x265 since the arguments for it are unsupported and cause encodes to fail.
- Fixed issue where presets could get a bad tune list and fail on x265 encodes.
- Cleared out Advanced options string when switching from x264 to x265 since the encoder arguments aren't always compatible.
- Updated translations.
Updated HandBrake core to 0.10.0. This means a bunch of new features:
- Intel QuickSync video: a hardware-based H.264 encoder for Intel CPUs.
- H.265 encoding with x265.
- VP8 using libvpx.
- libav and FDK AAC encoders. libfaac has been removed due to license issues.
- NLMeans denoise filter for higher-quality denoising.
- OpenCL hardware-assisted BiCubic scaling.
- Burn-in for SRT subtitles.
- Added Encode Details window. Exposes elapsed time, ETA, current and average FPS, running file size, current pass and pass progress.
- Added Rip DVD and Rip Blu-ray AutoPlay actions for Windows: now you can have VidCoder start up and scan a disc when you insert it.
- Added rotation and reflection filters.
- Reworked Basic vs Advanced x264 to be more correct.
- Added option to mark an automatically picked subtitle as Default or Burn-in.
- Reworked audio passthrough: added ability to set a fallback encoder or pass through if the input track format matches the output format.
- Added option to preserve Created and Last Modified times when converting files. In Options -> Advanced.
- Added option to preserve the source folder structure when batch-encoding video files.
- Enabled right-click actions (edit, delete, move to top, move to bottom) on queued items during an encode.
- Added warning dialog with 30-second delay for the automatic shutdown on encode complete.
- Removed single-instance restriction.
- Support for up to 8K resolutions.
- Czech, thanks to KarelStejskal, Ptholemaios and stefanmatta
- Polish, thanks to regis-rtg, Jasiet and OliverAndrews
- Portuguese, thanks to ricardofonseca1977
- Brazilian Portuguese, thanks to tiago1888anos, cauptain, douglasmi, hierra and DjaX
- Russian, thanks to loki26, sailorboris, spoglitch, AlexeiA and dima-110878
- Japanese, thanks to tanashu1, 3rl2r0qh and yoshiyuki
Also included are a ton of other bug fixes.