This project is read-only.
1
Vote

Destination Extension Not Remembered

description

v1.3.2.0 (x86)

When adding multiple DVD video titles to a batch, the file extension for the destination file changes after the first title is added to the batch list.

For example, my setting is to use the ".mp4" extension. When I add the second and later titles to the batch, the extension is ".m4v".

Easy enough to work around, just rename the extensions after the encoding is complete.

comments

RandomEngy wrote May 31, 2012 at 3:20 AM

Hmm, I can't reproduce this. What Extension setting is selected in the Encoding Settings window?

LeeThompson wrote Jun 1, 2012 at 1:39 AM

It was set to .mp4 but kept doing m4v after the first file was added to the queue. However, now I can't reproduce it either so I guess nevermind. :)

LeeThompson wrote Jun 9, 2012 at 12:00 AM

This still happens but very randomly, I'll update when I get a good way to reproduce it.

LeeThompson wrote Jun 12, 2012 at 4:29 AM

This appears to happen if I'm switching between profiles, but not all the time. I'm still not sure where it's getting confused.


I have two DVD rip profiles. Once is set to do IVTC (detelecine, decomb) with the frame rate set to 23.976. The other is set to do deinterlacing only with the framerate set to 29.97. The profiles are otherwise identical with the extension set to .mp4. (In fact, one was the template for the other.)


I'll give you an example on where the extension change happened:

I was setting up the queue for a season of Stargate SG-1 which has little featurettes shot on video in addition to the show which is shot on film.

I noticed that when I was going through the titles adding them to the queue when I changed to the "29.97" profile and then back to the "23.976" profile for the next disc it started using m4v instead of mp4 when added to the queue.

(I just left it as is and renamed the extensions when the encodes were complete but still kinda weird.)

RandomEngy wrote Jul 13, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Sorry, I forgot about this behavior... it will automatically switch to the .m4v extension for compatibility when it finds certain subtitles in the encode. I think at one point I was considering putting in an option to disable this auto-compatibility behavior but I haven't gotten around to doing it.

LeeThompson wrote Jul 26, 2012 at 11:49 PM

@RandomEngy, ah. Yeah that tracks with what I'm seeing.