Crash when load VIDEO_TS folder

Aug 8, 2010 at 10:16 PM
Edited Aug 8, 2010 at 10:32 PM

Hi,

Just downloaded and ripped 3 DVDs using DVDFab7. I successfully transcoded the first two with VidCoder, the last DVD, Meet the Robinsons crashed with:

System.ArgumentException: Could not find specified title.
   at HandBrake.Interop.HandBrakeInstance.GetOriginalTitle(Int32 titleIndex) in D:\docs\projects\VidCoder\HandBrakeInterop\HandBrakeInterop\HandBrakeInstance.cs:line 1004
   at HandBrake.Interop.HandBrakeInstance.StartEncode(EncodeJob job, Boolean preview, Int32 previewNumber, Int32 previewSeconds) in D:\docs\projects\VidCoder\HandBrakeInterop\HandBrakeInterop\HandBrakeInstance.cs:line 310
   at VidCoder.ViewModel.MainViewModel.StartEncode() in D:\docs\projects\VidCoder\VidCoder\ViewModel\MainViewModel.cs:line 2089
   at VidCoder.ViewModel.MainViewModel.EncodeNextJob() in D:\docs\projects\VidCoder\VidCoder\ViewModel\MainViewModel.cs:line 2056
   at VidCoder.ViewModel.MainViewModel.StartEncodeQueue() in D:\docs\projects\VidCoder\VidCoder\ViewModel\MainViewModel.cs:line 2025
   at VidCoder.ViewModel.MainViewModel.<get_EncodeCommand>b__2e(Object param) in D:\docs\projects\VidCoder\VidCoder\ViewModel\MainViewModel.cs:line 1651
   at VidCoder.RelayCommand.Execute(Object parameter) in D:\docs\projects\VidCoder\VidCoder\RelayCommand.cs:line 43
   at MS.Internal.Commands.CommandHelpers.CriticalExecuteCommandSource(ICommandSource commandSource, Boolean userInitiated)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

When I first selected the VIDEO_TS folder, a label "An error ocurred while scanning" was displayed. So, I imagine the exception was related to that since I went ahead and added the job to the queue. However, is there any way to know why it has a problem with this rip? I reproduced this on both Windows 7 Home Pro 32bit and Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit with the same movie, 2 different rips. This was with .5.0.0. and I just downloaded and repro'd with .5.1.0

Coordinator
Aug 9, 2010 at 3:31 AM

Hmm. It shouldn't have let you enqueue anything if it had an error when scanning. I will look into that. However if the scan fails that just means the HandBrake core can't recognize the video input.

Coordinator
Aug 26, 2010 at 9:50 PM

Alright I tracked down the problem. I wasn't properly preventing enqueue/etc in all cases where a scan fails. Fix should be in the next version.

Aug 26, 2010 at 10:04 PM

Thank you.

Coordinator
Sep 6, 2010 at 11:53 PM

Should be fixed in 0.6.0.