Feature Requests - Various

Nov 5, 2010 at 4:03 AM
Edited Nov 5, 2010 at 4:05 AM

Hi guys,

Could there be a possibility of any of the following?

- show the basics of what the current encoding profile is set to? (I'm a tweaker, so would be nice to see what was changed from the default/OR user saved profile....if nothing was tweaked maybe it's empty)

- Add a button at the bottom of the Queue list "Clear Queue"

- instead of the close button on the top right of the preset settings window....could it be changed to 2 buttons on the bottom right?   [ Cancel ]    [ OK ]

- Preset Settings > Video
Can we have some source video (mediaInfo) details at the top? (Frame rate, Bit Rate...)

Hope some of them might be possible!

Coordinator
Nov 5, 2010 at 4:56 AM

- show the basics of what the current encoding profile is set to? (I'm a tweaker, so would be nice to see what was changed from the default/OR user saved profile....if nothing was tweaked maybe it's empty)

A list of changes from the unmodified profile? It seems like kind of a odd request to me. Usually when I edit a profile I'll save the work or save as and put it in a different one. If I just did some changes it was rather recent so I remember what they are.

- Add a button at the bottom of the Queue list "Clear Queue"

Would a "Clear Queue" option on the right click context menu also work?

- instead of the close button on the top right of the preset settings window....could it be changed to 2 buttons on the bottom right?   [ Cancel ]    [ OK ]

You might not be aware of this, but that window isn't really a dialog; you can leave it open at all times if you want. Changes you make with it open apply instantly and will be used if you preview or enqueue an item. And so closing it doesn't discard any changes, you need to actively revert to lose any work there. I like this model better than the dialog model that you seem to be asking for: you don't have to go in and out of it for changes to apply.

- Preset Settings > Video
Can we have some source video (mediaInfo) details at the top? (Frame rate, Bit Rate...)

That's a good idea. I'll see what's available from the scan and put it up there.

Nov 5, 2010 at 11:12 PM

[quote]A list of changes from the unmodified profile? It seems like kind of a odd request to me. Usually when I edit a profile I'll save the work or save as and put it in a different one. If I just did some changes it was rather recent so I remember what they are.[/quote]
I was thinking from the view that I use a KVM switch between my general pc and my work PC, and usually encode on one while doing work on the other. So it could be some minutes or a few hours before I go back to check the output.

[quote]Would a "Clear Queue" option on the right click context menu also work?[/quote]
That would work, but seems like an extra step just to clear a done list.

[quote]You might not be aware of this, but that window isn't really a dialog; you can leave it open at all times if you want. Changes you make with it open apply instantly and will be used if you preview or enqueue an item. And so closing it doesn't discard any changes, you need to actively revert to lose any work there. I like this model better than the dialog model that you seem to be asking for: you don't have to go in and out of it for changes to apply.[/quote]
Good point, for that reason alone it's good as is i suppose.

Thanks for the fast feedback. It's so refreshing to see HB with a nice UI! xD

Coordinator
Nov 6, 2010 at 9:17 AM

Oh, you were talking about the finished items. I do already have a context menu item for that. I'll consider adding a button to make it one-click. It's just a matter of where to put it

As for the "list of unsaved changes" I'll consider it but I don't think it will be very high priority. I think given the time it would require, other features would help out a lot more people.