Profiles

May 7, 2011 at 1:47 PM

Is there a method to import or create profiles in Vidcoder?

Megui has a hell of profiles like x264 DXVA HQ/x264 2 pass/x264 xbox and similar//

will vidcoder latest too? and when opened in Mediainfo, the Handbrake is tagged too. know of anyway to disable this also ?

Specially,  the x264 DXVA profiles/ and the presets like DXVA Fast/slow/HQ ?

Coordinator
May 7, 2011 at 4:41 PM

"the Handbrake is tagged"? Don't know what this means. Tagged as encoded by HandBrake?

As for profiles, yes you can import and export presets as .xml files (they are specific to VidCoder). I don't know of any DXVA or XBox profiles that anyone else has created.

May 7, 2011 at 4:59 PM

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=101813

This is a link to the Megui profiles. check it please.

Likewise, can we add profiles like that?

*When I open an encoded file and open with Megui, encoded using Handbrake is displayed. Any fix to remove it?

Coordinator
May 7, 2011 at 5:14 PM

Hmm. Would be a lot of scutwork but I think it may be possible to import profiles in that format probably not this version though. If you were motivated you could translate those preset files into advanced options strings yourself. You'd just have to research what settings went where. Actually this may be a perfect opportunity for you to contribute to the project. :)

As for the "encoded using Handbrake" message, I don't think that's ever going away. It's put in by the HandBrake core and it was technically encoded using HandBrake.

May 7, 2011 at 5:39 PM

I can get you the options strings. But if it's going to be there in the next version of course. :D

I'm ready to contribute to the project and if I send the profile settings, please make an immediate release as I badly want to encode in DXVA

Coordinator
May 7, 2011 at 5:51 PM

Well you could actually put in the options string yourself on the Advanced tab. But I would certainly consider a nice DXVA encoding profile to be a built-in preset.

May 16, 2011 at 2:15 AM

How is the DXVA profiles coming up?

I found no way to transcode the megui settings to the Options String, sorry  :I

Coordinator
May 18, 2011 at 1:29 AM

I'm not working on that right now. It's not clear what form that would take. You'll have to figure out how to do it on your own for now.