The new updates

May 21, 2011 at 2:28 AM

Any new version coming up?
I see all tools updated their tools with the latest x264 /and many more codecs and stuff..

any new VC update coming up?

Coordinator
May 21, 2011 at 2:58 AM

Well codecs are going to be tied to HandBrake, which I don't have any control over. But I'm putting out VidCoder 0.9.0 this weekend which updates the HandBrake core and adds some pretty nice features and interface improvements.

May 21, 2011 at 10:54 AM

That's cool./

and the DXVA profiles?

Coordinator
May 21, 2011 at 3:32 PM

I don't have plans to work on them myself. I don't even know how I would test compatibility; I don't have any device that requires it. As I've said: you could make a DXVA profile yourself right now. Look at one of those presets you pointed me to and translate it to the HandBrake options format. Just check this page for the values ( http://mewiki.project357.com/wiki/X264_Settings ) and put them in the right format ( rc-lookahead=50:b-adapt=2:cabac=0 , etc ) and set it as the advanced options string..

Coordinator
May 23, 2011 at 5:59 AM

Unexpected issue that takes a long time to test has cropped up. Not going to happen this weekend. Should be in the next week though.

Coordinator
May 26, 2011 at 7:04 AM

Nuts... It's a problem with the latest HandBrake x86 build... I'm going to look into it a bit more but I may just have to keep HandBrake at the current version for now and just release the UI updates.

Coordinator
May 27, 2011 at 4:55 AM

Okay well I have not figured out exactly what the issue is. Appears to be x86 related and it's not new to 0.9.0 so I've gone ahead and released.