Source file trimming

Sep 2, 2011 at 6:23 PM

{time} grat to have a tool like Nero Recode has to trim the file for recoding.

VidCoder let change the start and endpoint by chapter, time, or frame,  but its difficult to see the result befor recoding.

It would be great to see the first and last Picture and change starting Point and Ending Point by two bottons, fast forward/backword and frame forward/backword.

Simple but effenctive.

Sep 2, 2011 at 6:26 PM

You already asked for this in like 2 other places... it can't be done with the current HandBrake API.

Sep 3, 2011 at 8:33 AM

I am sorry to that, i am new to the forum, and dont know exactle where to post what. is the Issue Tracker only for bugfixes? Is there a forum for new proposels? Anyway, I just have to say, that I am surprised to get answeres so fast. Thanks a lot!

And the other thing I want to say is, that VidCoder runs very stable, compared to other Converters. It seems, that you did find the right balance between new futures, up to date development and bug free software!

Sep 3, 2011 at 3:13 PM

Both feature requests and bug fixes can go in the issue tracker. But I had already responded to this particular feature request twice. If you put something in the issue tracker, you don't need to make a discussion topic about it as well.

Anyway: thanks! I have gotten a lot of helpful crash reports in the past that have enabled a bunch of stability fixes. If you do see a crash, don't hesitate to send the details in.

Oct 2, 2011 at 11:53 AM

I have another Idea, just got it by editing the video source. Is it possible to get the aditional Information when selecting chapters. As the information you display the duration fo the selected chapters. Is it possible to display the absolute start time of the Beginning Chapter and the End Time of the last chapter aditional? It makes it easear to control it by using an external viewer by comparing the start and End time.

Another proposal: It would be useful if you can limit the preview by the selected source range? That will ake editing much easier, because of thet you can control visual if the start and end is right set?

Thanks a lot Timo

Oct 3, 2011 at 3:14 AM

Yeah I'll put that first request on the backlog. As far as the previews, that's not possible. They're generated at scan time and go across the whole title. They don't relate at all to the selected range (chapter or otherwise).

Oct 11, 2011 at 3:45 AM

In 1.1.0 I added a pop-up box to give you more information about the selected range, including the start and end time (and a handy little range bar that highlights the selected portion of the title).