no subs?

Oct 16, 2011 at 3:38 PM

i just ripped DVD, but i want only first  300 sec of video ,so selected in seconds that much video , but subtitles not dispalyed in it although vlc shows the track name. iwant that much seconds video for testing the options so i encoded only 300 sec.

Oct 16, 2011 at 4:57 PM

Sorry, I can't reproduce this problem. I encode the first 300 seconds of a DVD and can switch to that subtitles track in VLC and in Zoom Player.

Oct 17, 2011 at 8:52 AM

consider  i just encode first chapter of whole dvd. leaving all other , in that encoded mkv {output} ,i dont get subtitles. VLC show Subtitle track but no words are seen

Oct 17, 2011 at 3:47 PM

Are you picking subtitles from the source or are you importing an SRT file?

Oct 17, 2011 at 4:10 PM

i am picking from source. it is DVD source. 

Oct 17, 2011 at 4:17 PM

Well that's what I'm trying and it's working for me. What type of subtitle are you trying to convert? VobSub? x86 or x64? Could you send me the preset you're using?

Also are you certain that you've switched to that subtitle track correctly in the player you're using?

Oct 18, 2011 at 8:29 AM

VobSub? x86. But when i tried whole DVD rip and interrupted in between and checked the output mkv then subs seen. but not whit the previous way.

the preset

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
- <UserPreset Version="3">
- <Preset xmlns:xsi="" xmlns:xsd="">
  <Name>High Profile</Name>
- <EncodingProfile>
- <Cropping>
- <AudioEncodings>
- <AudioEncoding>

Oct 19, 2011 at 1:11 AM

Used your preset on x86 and it's still working for me. I don't think I can help you on this one. Maybe it's your player?

Oct 21, 2011 at 4:16 PM

hi see the link below download the video and see your self

Oct 21, 2011 at 11:48 PM

Thanks for the link. It doesn't appear to be a player issue but it may be some problem with the HandBrake core. I can't help you here but if you get the same problem with the official HandBrake UI you can ask them to fix it.

Oct 30, 2011 at 3:35 PM

I tried same thing in handbrake. funny thing is that, other language subs are seen normaly { in my case HINDI }. handbrake has produces black colored subs , vidcoder good in that it produces white colored subs