Cropping

Dec 2, 2011 at 2:02 PM

VidCoder is just about perfect; I haven't touched HandBrake in months. The only thing about HB I prefer is the way Settings -> Picture -> Cropping works. I use strict anamorphic and then set the cropping values as needed. In HB, if I check Automatic and then Custom, the values that Automatic came up with remain in Custom. They're usually pretty close, so I can just use the arrows to tweak them. In VidCoder, though, Automatic works as expected but Custom shows the cropping values from the last job. I realize that that makes it easier when batch encoding a TV series, but it requires a lot of extra clicking and/or typing when setting up the queue to batch encode movies with dissimilar cropping requirement. If there's a good reason not to revert to HB behavior, would it be possible to add a third mode option? Maybe something like Automatic / Custom / Current, where Automatic stays the same, Custom uses the Automatic values but allows tweaking, and Current comes from the current setting or the previous encode.

Coordinator
Dec 3, 2011 at 10:30 PM

Changing the behavior to keep the values from automatic cropping seems like a good idea. It will be in the next version.

Coordinator
Dec 4, 2011 at 1:22 AM

Alright, change should be in 1.2.4.