Running custom filters or AviSynth scripts/functions

May 11, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Is there someway I can load Avisynth functions to enable me to use custom filters, for example there is a function that removes grain and also slightly sharpens the video source (mainly blu-ray)

There is also a very complex function for Avisynth called MCTemporalDenoise that basically can do the following :

A motion compensated noise removal script with an accompanying post-processing component. This script is a motion compensated temporal denoiser, which utilizes both pixel and motion masks to obtain the highest quality output. It also includes a variety of post-processing filters, everything from sharpening to antialiasing to halo removal. Plus much more!

I also want to use filters that are not inluded with VidCoder, such as 'toon.dll' for sharpening and denoising anime sources. I appreciate that running external filters/functions can cause more problems as quite a few of these need further filters to run, but will vastly increase the facilities that VidCoder already offers

May 11, 2012 at 3:27 PM

It's a good idea but is hampered by technical limitations. I use the HandBrake engine, which offers no facilities for hooking into these custom filters.

May 18, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Thanks anyway, just looking it up it appears that the filters included with VidCoder are the ones that Handbrake comes built-in with so it looks like handbrake is the restriction as far as extra filters