Version 1.4.7 won't encode, constant Failed errors.

Nov 22, 2012 at 2:57 PM

I cant get it to work, when attempting to open a DVD folder and encode the main movie I get a Failed error when the encoding starts.  I tried two different computers and got the same response. I also attempted to change the movie and still the same results. I am able to encode using the preview window only.

Nov 22, 2012 at 3:49 PM
Edited Nov 22, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Same here with BDs. I already reported the error with the Issue Tracker...

(Does your log also say something like "System.EntryPointNotFoundException: Unable to find an entry point named 'hb_set_chapter_name' in DLL 'hb.dll'..." ?

Nov 22, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Looking into this. HB had some refactoring recently and this must be due to it.

Nov 22, 2012 at 5:04 PM
Edited Nov 22, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Got the problem fixed, releasing a new version shortly.

(edit) Should be fixed in 1.4.8.

Nov 24, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Thanks for responding so fast. I noticed the problem happened again when I put a group of files in the cue.  I had 2 long videos that were at least an hour in size and they both encoded but the trailers all came back with the Failed error.

I went back to version 1.4.6 and everything went fine. I also noticed that the scanning processing is extremely slow when opening a new file, the older versions went somewhat faster.

Nov 24, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Well there was some significant refactoring in HB that I dealt with in 1.4.7 so that might still be effects from that. Can you isolate the file that failed and get me an encode log of it? Maybe also try on the latest HandBrake nightly and see if you get a problem there?

Nov 25, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Try 1.4.9. I think I got the problem. 1.4.7 and 1.4.8 had issues with DVDs that had title gaps.

Dec 1, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Thanks, I tried the 1.4.9 version and the error message is no longer an issue.