Accepted audio formats

Jul 15, 2013 at 5:55 PM
I was just wondering if there is any info on which audio formats Vidcoder supports. I looked at the documentation here but doesn't say much.

I know I have been successful with the following:
Dolby Digital

One of the ones I am having a problem with is PCM/LPCM. For some reason it doesn't transfer the audio when the PCM/LPCM track is selected. Anyone have any luck with LPCM?
Jul 15, 2013 at 5:59 PM
Edited Jul 15, 2013 at 6:00 PM
HandBrake uses libavcodec to decode the video and audio:

As to why your PCM isn't showing up, are you trying to use Auto Passthrough? Because you can only passthrough certain types of audio, like DTS, AC3, MP3 and AAC.
Jul 15, 2013 at 9:55 PM
It shows up but I guess it doesn't do anything with it, i just converts without audio. I do have it set to auto passthrough. Maybe it's that feature that continues to haunt me. I select auto passthrough cause I dont want the audio to get converted at all. So by selecting auto passthrough am I screwing things up again? I just dont want the audio touched.

Also, Thanks for being on top of this discussion board. Most of the time you don't get this kind of support out of a company you pay!!
Jul 15, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Well that's a HandBrake limitation; it simply cannot pass through all types of audio. I think there is a way in the HandBrake API to specify a "fallback" if a passthrough doesn't work; I'll have to investigate that a bit more. Would probably be useful in your circumstance.
Aug 3, 2013 at 2:55 AM
I added the ability to set a fallback for auto-passthrough in 1.5.4 Beta.