Auto rotate video

Apr 28, 2014 at 9:13 AM
Edited Apr 28, 2014 at 9:16 AM
Videos that come from mobile devices usually have a rotation value recorded, MediaInfo usually shows this as "Rotation = 90o", or something similar to that.

Is there anyway of having a "Auto Rotator" in VidCoder, a way for the system to read this Exiff data/metadata field, and apply a rotation figure automatically.

This would be an amazing feature, something that is still missing from many video conversion programs, although Zencoder can doit, but this is an online cloud based service, other examples usually require complex scripts and cmdline programs.... but unfortunately these example are far beyond my capabilities.

i have found that manually going through every video clip, then processing them in batch order depending on there rotation value is, is becoming a very slow chore, and very mundane!!!

p.s., the reason why i ask this, is because when converting a video with vdcoder, this exiff information is lost, so devices are no longer able to apply the correction (rotation),

another solution would be to-rewrite this field back in the destination file, this to would also solve the problem.
Apr 28, 2014 at 2:38 PM
That's a good thought, though a feature like that would need to be added to HandBrake. Their logic reads the source files and writes the destination files.