Feature Request - Run two instances of VidCoder

Aug 23, 2014 at 6:33 AM
I'd like to run two encodes at the same time, one on the CPU and one on the GPU. With handbrake this is possible by running two instances of the GUI.

Thank you
Sep 2, 2014 at 7:28 PM
Is this the right place for a Feature Request RandomEngy?
Sep 2, 2014 at 8:04 PM
Usually you'd raise it as an "Issue" so people can vote on it. Though I'm planning to work on this feature once I get a good chunk of free time to work on it.
Sep 2, 2014 at 9:01 PM
oh ok mate, it's not a bug so it didn't seem appropriate to post it there. Thanks for your work.
Oct 3, 2014 at 11:30 PM
I removed the single-instance restriction in 1.5.25 Beta.
Oct 5, 2014 at 11:44 PM
Many thanks but unfortunatly removing the restriction doesn't seem to be enough, when opening the second instance the queue from the first instance is shown and when you click start it processes the queue instead of the new encode.

Ideally though, VRD could run two simultaneous encodes in a single GUI instance, would that be possible if one of them was x264 and the other QSV?
Oct 6, 2014 at 4:26 AM
You'd have to clear the queue of the second instance and set up its own queue. But it should be possible. Doing two encodes at once within the same instance would be a lot of restructuring and definitely wouldn't come in 1.5.
Oct 6, 2014 at 4:52 AM
I'll give it a try thanks.

It would be a really good feature imo. Especially as QSV improves and gets more popular. Hopefully it's not too much work and can be added in the future.